The Department of Genetics Fly Facility is one of the largest in Europe, and offers a range of services to Drosophila researchers both within and outside Cambridge.
Our Drosophila microinjection service is available to fly researchers throughout the European Union. We can inject flies for P-element/piggyback transformation, phiC31-mediated transgenesis, CRISPR/TALEN genome engineering and other experiments. We also provide screening and balancing services.
- Our microinjection services and prices.
- Everything else you need to know about our microinjection service
Our fly-pushing services are primarily aimed at Cambridge fly researchers. We are happy to discuss the researcher's needs for fly-pushing (screening, stock construction, etc). Costs for fly-pushing services are arrived at by negotiation between the researcher and the Fly Facility.
- Read about our recently completed project for the Jefferis group (LMB, Cambridge)
- To inquire about our fly-pushing services, please email email@example.com.
Drosophila Stock-Keeping Service
Our Drosophila stock-keeping service is available to Cambridge fly researchers. We will maintain your Drosophila stock collection and will ship your stocks to any location worldwide.
- If you are interested in using our Stock-Keeping service, please contact Simon Collier.
- (Raven password required).
Drosophila Media Service
The Fly Facility provides Cambridge fly groups with many kinds of fly media in a variety of containers (vials, bottles, plates etc.).
Working in the Fly Facility
The Department of Genetics Fly Facility contains:
- A Fly Lab with bench space for up to 24 fly workers
- Four large temperature controlled rooms that can hold up to 60,000 fly stocks
- A Cage Room for large population collections
- A Microinjection Room with fluorescence microscopes
- An Isolation Room for working with quarantined flies
Other Fly Facility Resources:
Fly Facility Stock Collection
Fly Facility Drosophila Book Collection
(Raven password required).