- New password server
Upgrading from OpenDirectory to ActiveDirectory in 2010
- Printer consumables and page monitor
It's useful to know when a printer is running out of toner...
- RAID5 data recovery
Recovering data from RAID5 arrays with bad blocks all over the shop
- UPS Monitoring in Perl
Using NUT and its Perl library UPS::Nut to log and alert stuff...
- Requisiton system
Using Catalyst and Request Tracker to make an electronic version of the requisition and ordering system
- Convert a v20z to use SATA disks
From Jan 2011. Includes pin-outs for v20z power connector.
- Getting Apple iCalendar server working
Active Directory plus iCal = pain
- Overriding reverse DNS for a single IP
This is probably a bad idea. I'm just experimenting with Kerberos and don't have full control over my reverse dns.
- Ubuntu, cgroups and trying to stop users making a system unusable
We have some linux boxes used for small-scale HPC by novice users. These can become unresponsive under extreme load, so I use cgroups to try to reserve some I/O, RAM and CPU for system processes