Jan 26, 2017
from 03:30 PM to 05:00 PM
|Where||Biffen Lecture Theatre, underneath Dept of Genetics|
|Add event to calendar||
Sudhakaran Prabakaran is offering a Seminar on 'Research Data Management' as the 'Data Champion' for our department.
If you have encountered any of the following scenarios then there may be something in it for you. The tutorial is in Biffen Lecture Theatre on 26h Jan from 3.30-5pm. NB new start time
1. Your lap top got stolen
2. Your portable hard drive got damaged
3. You have lost your USB stick
4. Data from your google drive or dropbox disappeared
Issues that would be discussed in the seminar include:
1. What types of research data are you working with? E.g. mass spec data, video recordings etc.
2. What is your strategy for organizing your data? E.g. how do you organize your folders and name your files?
3. What is your data backup strategy? E.g. How frequently do you do your backups? At how many independent locations?
4. How do you exchange files (and other information) with your collaborators?
5. What are your plans for data sharing? Are your plans in-line with your funder’s requirements? Are you working with commercial/sensitive/personal/patentable data? Will you own your data and will you be able to share these data?
Aim of the Seminar:
1. Provide you with more confidence in data and information management
2. Provide you with information about existing resources
3. Provide you with contact details which you can use whenever you need advice
Look forward to seeing you on the 26th with your questions.